Plenary sessions run 9.30-10.45am each day and are open to all attendees.
DAY 1 PLENARY: A CLIMATE RESILIENT NATION - A SHARED VISION TO 2100
How do we ensure our shared ambitions match the scale of the challenge and create resilient coastal and inland places for people? What is the latest evidence saying?
- John Curtin, Executive Director FCERM, Environment Agency (session chair)
- Sir James Bevan, Chief Executive, Environment Agency
- Professor Stephen Belcher, Chief Scientist, Met Office
- Julie Foley, Director FCRM Strategy & National Adaptation, Environment Agency
- Sonia Roschnik, Director of Sustainable Development Unit, Public Health England
- Bart Vonk, Senior Advisor Watersafety, Rijkswaterstaat, Netherlands
DAY 2 PLENARY: TODAY’S INFRASTRUCTURE RESILIENT IN TOMORROW’S CLIMATE
What action do we need to take to ensure the coastal and inland infrastructure people and places rely on is resilient in tomorrow’s climate? How do we put resilient infrastructure at the centre of supporting sustainable growth?
- Alison Baptiste CBE, Director Operations, Infrastructure & Projects Authority
- Liv Garfield, Chief Executive, Severn Trent Water
- Natalia Moudrak, Director, Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation (Canada)
- Tom Walker, Executive Director of Strategy, Homes England
DAY 3 PLENARY: SHAPING THE FUTURE TODAY TOGETHER
The practical action we can take now to create the skills, tools and technologies to revolutionise our preparedness and awareness, the way we communicate and respond to incidents both inland and at the coast.
- Dr Teresa Bridgeman, Chair, West Somerset Flood Group
- Rob Davis, National Fire Chiefs Flood Lead
- John Englander, Oceanographer & Sea Level Rise Expert
- Myra Hunt, Chief Digital Officer, Defra
Click here to view all other conference sessions.